Construction work on the new plant in Vitoria starts on a 140,000 sqm site.
Startup and beginning of assembly of the DKW F 89 L
The then Daimler-Benz AG takes over Auto Union
The built-up area is more than doubled to 25,000 sqm
Start of production of the DKW 800 S and 70 P models
Production of the new F 1000 L commences; capacity quadrupled to 20,000 vans a year; 80,000 sqm are now built over.
The F 1000 D enlarges the product range.
By amalgamation, Imosa becomes Compañia Hispano Alemana de Productos Mercedes-Benz y Volkswagen S.A. (Mevosa). Production launch of the large van L 406 D (later L 407 D, L 508 D and L 608 D).
The N 1000/N 1300 roll off the assembly line.
Volkswagen AG withdraws from Mevosa. In several stages Daimler-Benz AG acquires the majority of the company, which is renamed Mercedes-Benz España S.A.
The MB 100 supersedes the N 1000 after more than 61,000 units.
As successor the new series MB 100 to MB 180 is launched.
From here on the Vitoria plant is owned entirely by Mercedes-Benz España.
Presentation of the Vito and, shortly after, the V-Class and the variants Vito F, Vito L, plus the base vehicle for the Marco Polo camper van. Daimler-Benz AG invests some 400 million euros in plant expansion and development.
Owing to the increasing demand for vans, Vitoria operates in three shifts. Production rises year after year, setting a record in 2000 with just under 90,000 units.
Introduction of the second-generation Vito and, developed in parallel, the Viano. Increase in plant capacity to 100,000 units annually, manufactured in two shifts. The plant area is doubled to nearly 600,000 sqm.
Vitoria receives the ELA Award, the most important European logistics prize.
With more than 102,400 Vito and Viano (in two shifts) the Vitoria plant is operating at capacity.
Vito E-CELL and the new Vito/Viano roll off the assembly line in Vitoria.