110 years ago – 8 June 1900: Emil Jellinekagreed a further major order for 36 vehicles with 5.9-kW engines from Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft.
85 years ago – June 1925: Benz & Cie. introduced “low-floor buses” for the all-new 2 CNa and 2 CNb model series. These buses provided easy access for passengers.
85 years ago – June 1925: To support the apprentice department at Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft, a three-class plant vocational training school was founded in Stuttgart. This trained an average of 200 apprentices.
80 years ago – 1 June 1930: From now on bus bodies were produced in all-steel design, significantly increasing passive safety for passengers.
65 years ago – June 1945: Production of the Mercedes-Benz L 701 truck at the Mannheim plant was restarted. This three-tonne vehicle, a licensed version of the Opel Blitz, had already come off the production lines here before the end of the Second World War.
55 years ago – June 1955: The LP 315 was the first production forward control truck produced by Mercedes-Benz. It was based on the long-nosed L 315 truck.
25 years ago – 24 - 29 June 1985: The Solarmobile designed by trainees at Daimler-Benz AG won the Swiss-organised Tour de Sol.
15 years ago – 24 June 1995: The new E-Class saloons from the 210 series were brought onto the market. The all-new series attracted attention not only for distinctive design features such as the four-eyed face, but also for the over 30 technical innovations on board. more about the history of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class