The extensive standard equipment in Europe
- H7 projection headlamps
- Third brake light
- White side indicators
- Automated manual five-speed transmission
- Instrument cluster with multifunctional display
- Digital gear display with gear recommendation
- Exterior temperature indicator with frost warning
- Indicators with lane changer function
- Windscreen wipers with interval wiping and wipe/wash function
- Heated rear window
- Tank cap lock integrated in the central locking
- 12 Volt socket in center console
- Central locking with radio remote control and immobilizer
- Diesel particle filter (open system, closed system from 2008)
- Electric soft top (smart fortwo cabrio)
- Passenger seat can be fully folded forwards (single hand operation)
- Storage compartment on passenger side, next to steering wheel and in the doors
- Coin holder (smart fortwo coupé)
- Mirror in driver's sun visor
- tridion safety cell
- Crash-absorbing elements at front and rear
- Crash sensor to activate hazard warning lights
- Full-size driver and passenger airbag
- Safety seats with integrated head rests
- Belt tensioner and belt-force limiter
- Drive lock, automatic door locking when the vehicle is in motion
- electronic stability program
- abs with electronic brake-force distribution
- Hydraulic brake assist
The equipment lines in Europe
pure equipment line
The pure entry-level model comes with everything that makes a smart a smart. The exterior of the pure is characterized by a black grooved plastic roof and steel rims. It comes with a black tridion safety cell.
In the interior, different surfaces and colors largely distinguish the basic version from the sporty pulse and the elegant and extensively equipped passion.
The lower part of the instrument panel (knee pad) and the door trim are made of grained black plastic. The two-spoke steering wheel is a further feature of the pure, as are its mechanical window winders.
pulse equipment line
The name stands for sportiness. The pulse also features a black tridion safety cell, however this is optionally available in silver. Its six-spoke alloy wheels with wide tires (175/55 R 15 at front, 195/50 R 15 at rear) give it a beefy appearance.
The interior of the pulse features an upholstery color exclusively available for this model and matching fabric elements for the instrument panel, knee pads and door trim that create a pleasant homely atmosphere. A glance upwards reveals the sky through a new transparent roof made of polycarbonate. A black blind provides sun protection.
The sporty character is emphasized by the rev counter and clock and a three-spoke steering wheel including steering wheel gearshift. Further standard features include electric windows, front fog lights and an additional storage compartment in the tailgate.
passion equipment line
The elegant and extensively equipped passion can always be identified by its silver tridion cell. The door mirrors and radiator grille are also painted silver. Further features include a panoramic roof made of polycarbonate and twelve-spoke alloy wheels (front tires 155/65 R 15, rear tires 175/60 R 15).
Like the pulse, the fabric elements on the instrument panel, knee pad and door trim match the color of the upholstery. Three different colors with a special fabric design are available.
Further standard equipment includes air conditioning with temperature control, a leather steering wheel, the automatic gear program softouch and the panoramic glass roof made of polycarbonate.
Like the pulse, the passion features electric windows and an additional compartment in the tailgate, and also a luggage compartment cover, including a net bag.
The new smart fortwo also features the two-color concept typical of smart. In addition to the tridion safety cell that is available in black or silver, bodypanels are available in six colors. The basic colors are black, yellow and white. The metallic colors blue, red and silver are available subject to an additional charge.