The Mercedes-Benz plant in East London is part of the global production network for the C-Class, with its lead plant in Bremen. The network also includes the Mercedes-Benz plant in Tuscaloosa (USA) and the joint venture plant BBAC in Peking (China).
The plant on the eastern cape of South Africa produces the C-Class Saloon for export to left and right-hand drive markets. Since the production start of the current C-Class in May 2014, this is already the fourth vehicle generation of the highest-volume Mercedes-Benz model series.
It was in 1958 that Car Distributors Assembly Ltd. started to produce Mercedes-Benz vehicles on a contractor basis. In 1984, the then Daimler-Benz AG acquired 50.1 percent of United Cars and Diesel Distributors UCDD. Since then the company has been registered as Mercedes-Benz of South Africa (MBSA).
In 2018, Mercedes-Benz Cars announced an investment of 600 million euros in expansion of the plant to make it fit for the future.
Everything around jobs
We offer internships in the following departments:
- Information Technology
Through your internship you will have:
- We give you the chance to become familiar with a different culture.
- We provide support from experienced skilled professionals.
- We offer you work in a field of activity oriented to your field of study.
- You are enrolled as a student at a university.
- You are studying in one of the above-mentioned fields.
- You have work experience (training, other internships).
- You are fluent in English.
- You have advanced IT/computer skills.
- You bring intercultural competence.