The Mercedes-Benz plant in East London is part of the C‑Class global production network whose lead plant is in Bremen. The network also encompasses the Mercedes-Benz plant in Tuscaloosa, USA, and the BBAC joint venture plant in Beijing, China.
The plant in South Africa’s Eastern Cape province produces C‑Class Sedans for right-hand and left-hand drive markets for export. Since the production launch of the current C‑Class in May 2014, the plant has been producing the fourth generation of the highest volume model series of Mercedes-Benz. Since the summer of 2016, the C‑Class Sedan has also been rolling off the production line in East London as a plug-in hybrid.
In 1958 Car Distributors Assembly Ltd. began producing Mercedes- Benz vehicles under contract. In 1984 Daimler-Benz AG acquired a 50.1 percent share in United Cars and Diesel Distributors (UCDD). Since then, the company has been registered as Mercedes-Benz of South Africa (MBSA).
We offer internships in the following departments:
- Information Technology
Through your internship you will have:
- We give you the chance to become familiar with a different culture.
- We provide support from experienced skilled professionals.
- We offer you work in a field of activity oriented to your field of study.
- You are enrolled as a student at a university.
- You are studying in one of the above-mentioned fields.
- You have work experience (training, other internships).
- You are fluent in English.
- You have advanced IT/computer skills.
- You bring intercultural competence.