Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard has been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG since February 18, 2010. In this function, he is Head of Daimler Trucks & Buses Division since April 1, 2013.
Appointed until: February 2018. First appointed: 2010.
Dr. Bernhard was born on September 3, 1960, in Boehen, Germany. 1980 he started his studies at the Technical University of Darmstadt and finished with a master degree in Electrical Engineering and Economics in 1986. From 1987 to 1988, he studied at Columbia University in New York and graduated with a Master of Business Administration (MBA). From 1988 to 1990, he completed a doctorate on International Exchange Rate Risks at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt. Dr. Bernhard joined the then Mercedes-Benz AG in 1994.
From February 2005 to January 2007 Dr. Bernhard was a member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG.
Previous positions in the company:
- Member of the Board of Management, Manufacturing and Procurement Mercedes-Benz Cars & Mercedes-Benz Vans, Daimler AG, 02/2010
- Head of Business Unit Mercedes-Benz Vans, 2009
- Member of the Board of Management, COO Chrysler Group, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2002 - 2004
- Deputy member of the Board of Management, COO Chrysler Group, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2000
- Managing Director, Mercedes-AMG GmbH, 1999
- S-Class Assembly Center Manager at the Mercedes-Benz AG Sindelfingen plant with responsibility for the new S-Class launch, 1994
- Project Manager for the reduction of material costs and increase in productivity in Mercedes-Benz AG assembly plants, 1992 to 1993