Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG. Production & Supply Chain Management
Jörg Burzer has been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG since December 1, 2021. He is in charge of the Production and Supply Chain Management Division, overseeing the global production network, which includes more than 30 vehicle, powertrain and battery locations, as well as worldwide logistics. In addition, Jörg Burzer is also a member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz AG.
Appointed until: November 2024. Initial appointment: 2021. Nationality: German.
Jörg Burzer was born on January 21, 1970 in Nuremberg. After his university entrance exam, Jörg Burzer studied engineering at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and obtained a degree as a certified engineer in 1996, followed by a doctoral degree in engineering the year 2000. He joined the former Daimler-Chrysler AG in 1999.
Previous positions in the company:
- Executive Vice President, Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz AG responsible for the Production & Supply Chain Management Division, 2019
- Vice President, Head of Quality Management at Mercedes-Benz Cars, 2016
- Director, Product and Production Strategy & Supplier Quality, Bejing (China), 2013
- Director, Head of Production Control and Logistics, Tuscaloosa (USA), 2010
- Director, Purchasing Interior and BRM E- and C-Class, 2007
- Senior Manager, Global Powertrain, 2004
- Manager, Purchasing Powertrain and Raw Materials, 2002
- Head of Project Pre-Development PC, 1999