Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG. Daimler Trucks & Buses
Martin Daum has been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG since March 1, 2017. In this function, he is Head of Daimler Trucks and Buses Division. He is also Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler Truck AG.
Appointed until: February 2022. First appointed: 2017. Nationality: German.
Martin Daum was born on October 28, 1959, in Karlsruhe, Germany. After obtaining Abitur (university entrance examination) in 1978, he made an apprenticeship as a banker. 1980 he started his economics studies at the University of Mannheim, Germany, and finished with a master degree in Economics in 1985. After 2 years working as a Management Consultant Martin Daum joined the then Daimler-Benz AG in 1987.
Previous positions in the company:
- Executive Vice President, President & CEO, Daimler Trucks North America LLC (USA), 2009
- Vice President, Operations Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Daimler AG, 2006
- Vice President, Product Unit Unimog, Special Vehicles & Controlling, Daimler AG, 2003
- Director, Controlling Mercedes Benz Trucks, Daimler AG, 2002
- Director, Strategy CVD, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2001
- Director, General Manager Finance and Administration, Sterling Corporation, Willoughby, Ohio (USA), 1997
- Director, Project Manager Controlling Light Truck Concept, Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Portland (USA), 1996
- Senior Manager, Commercial Director, debis Marketing Services GmbH, 1992
- Senior Manager, Assistant to the Board Member Trading and Marketing Services, debis AG, 1990
- Manager, Sales organization Overseas/Sales Companies Overseas, Daimler-Benz AG, 1988
- International Management Associate Program, Daimler-Benz AG, 1987