Ola Källenius has been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG since January 1, 2015. In this function, he is responsible for Group Research & Mercedes-Benz Cars Development since January 1, 2017.
Appointed until: December 2017. First appointed: 2015.
Mr. Källenius was born on June 11, 1969, in Västervik (Sweden). After attending school and obtaining Abitur (university entrance examination) at Grammar School of Danderyd (Sweden), he attained Master’s degree in “International Management” and “Finance and Accounting” at the Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden) and at the University of St. Gallen (Switzerland). He joined the then Daimler-Benz AG as Trainee within the International Management Associate Program in 1993.
Previous positions in the company:
- Member of the Board of Management, Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales, Daimler AG, 2015
- Member of the Divisional Board, Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales, Daimler AG, 2013
- Vice President, Managing Director, Mercedes-AMG GmbH, Affalterbach, 2010
- Vice President, President & CEO, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Inc., Tuscaloosa (USA), 2009
- Managing Director, Mercedes-Benz HighPerformanceEngines Ltd., Brixworth (Great Britain), 2005
- Executive Director, Operations, McLaren Automotive Ltd., Woking (Great Britain), 2003
- Director, Project Alliance, Procurement Mercedes-Benz PKW, DaimlerChrysler AG, Stuttgart, 2001
- Senior Manager, Engine Emission Management and Electrical Engine Components, DaimlerChrysler AG, Stuttgart, 2000
- Senior Manager, Corporate Controlling, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Inc., Tuscaloosa (USA), 1998
- Manager, Corporate Controlling, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Inc., Tuscaloosa (USA), 1995