Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG. Human Resources and Director of Labor Relations, Mercedes-Benz Vans
Wilfried Porth has been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG since April 8, 2009, and is responsible for Human Resources. He is also Director of Labor Relations of the company. In addition, he is responsible for Procurement of Non-Production Materials and Services as well as the business unit Mercedes-Benz Vans. Wilfried Porth is also a member of the Supervisory Board of Mercedes-Benz AG and of Daimler Truck AG.
Appointed until: April 2022. First appointed: 2009. Nationality: German.
Wilfried Porth was born in Baden-Baden on February 2, 1959. He studied mechanical engineering at the University of Stuttgart from 1981 to 1985 and graduated as an engineer. He joined the department Central Production Engineering as a Planning Engineer of the then Daimler-Benz AG in 1985.
Previous positions in the company:
- Member of the Board of Directors, EADS N.V., 05/2009 – 03/2013
- Executive Vice President, Mercedes-Benz Van, 2006
- Executive Vice President, CEO Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corp. (Japan), 2003*
- Vice President, Executive Management Development, DaimlerChrysler AG Headquarters, 2000
- Management Board Member Manufacturing, Mercedes-Benz South Africa (South Africa), 1997
- Head of Bus Production, Mercedes-Benz do Brasil (Brasil),1994
- Corporate Secretary, Mercedes-Benz AG Headquarters, 1992
- Head of Office of the Chairman of the BoM Mercedes-Benz AG, Mercedes-Benz AG Headquarters, 1991
- Senior Manager, Special Projects Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars/Sales Planning, Mercedes-Benz AG Headquarters, 1990
- Manager, Production Engineering, Daimler-Benz AG Headquarters, 1988
- Planning Engineer, Central Production Engineering, Daimler-Benz AG Headquarters, 1985
*Daimler-external at the beginning of his activities