Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG. Group Research & Mercedes-Benz Cars Development
Markus Schäfer has been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG since end of Annual Meeting of Daimler AG on May 22, 2019. In this function, he is responsible for Group Research & Mercedes-Benz Cars Development.
Appointed until: May 21, 2024. First appointed: 2019.
Markus was born on May 11, 1965 in Weidenau, Germany. After obtaining the University entrance diploma (Abitur) he started his studies of Mechanical Engineering at the Technical University in Darmstadt and finished with a Diplom-Ingenieur (former German equivalent to a master’s degree) in 1990. He joined the then Daimler-Benz AG as Trainee within the International Management Associate Program in November 1990.
Previous positions in the company:
- Member of the Divisional Board, Mercedes-Benz Cars Production & Supply Chain, Daimler AG, 2014
- Vice President, Manufacturing Engineering Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars, Daimler AG, 2013
- Vice President, President & CEO, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Inc., Tuscaloosa (USA), 2010
- Director, Production Strategy, Daimler AG, 2007
- Director, Engineering, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Inc., Tuscaloosa (USA), 2002
- Plant Manager, CKD-Assembly Plant, Joint Venture EGA/Kairo (Egypt), 1999
- Project and Plant Manager, CKD-Assembly Plant, Joint Venture EGA/Kairo (Egypt), 1997
- Team leader, Project planning overseas projects, Daimler-Benz AG, 1995
- Technical project planning overseas projects for passenger and commercial cars, Daimler-Benz AG, 1994
- Cost Controller, Center Paint Shop, Mercedes-Benz AG, 1993
- Production Engineer, Product preparations, Mercedes-Benz AG, 1991
- Trainee (International Management Associate Program) Bodyshop, Daimler-Benz AG, 1990