A fair whistleblower system is an important instrument for good corporate governance. It aids in quickly identifying violations of laws and internal regulations, investigating them without delay and to address proven misconduct. If left unaddressed, violations of laws and regulations can cause severe damage for the company, its employees and business partners as well as the general public.
If you have concrete indications of high risk violations in connection with the Daimler Group or its employees, you can contact the Whistleblower System BPO via the following contact details. You may use the reporting form to report suspicions of violations with a high risk for the company to the Business Practices Office (BPO).
In particular, violations posing a high risk to the company include the following:
- Corruption, anti-trust and money laundering offences
- Theft, fraud and undue enrichment offences of significant scope or amount (over €100,000)
- Severe injury to physical or mental well-being
- Severe cases of sexual harassment, discrimination and racism
- Criminal violations of data protection rules
- Accounting and bookkeeping violations with a significant impact that can be detected externally
- Serious violations in connection with engineering specifications and/or technical safety
- Violations of human rights (e.g. violating the principles of the UN Global Compact)
- Severe violations in connection with environmental regulations
- Export control or sanctions violations
- Severe violations of the integrity of the whistleblower system, for example, severe violation of whistleblower anonymity or reporting obligations under Section 2.2
- Other high risks, e.g. violations causing the company to suffer significant losses (over €100,000)
- Violations that are likely to do severe harm to the company's reputation
- Severe violations of the Group's internal agreements to the disadvantage of employees
The criteria for responsibility can vary based on local legal requirements. This review will be conducted after a report is received by the case managers of the whistleblower system.
Here you have the possibility of describing your suspicion of a major risk violation in greater detail. It is a good idea to provide contact details e.g. an e-mail address or telephone number in case there are any questions. Your information will be treated confidentially. However, you can also send your report to the BPO anonymously. If outside Germany, local legal requirements apply. Compliance with the local regulations will be checked by the BPO before processing a report.
Please note: If the tip-off does not meet BPO criteria, your entire report will be forwarded, after a comprehensive review, to the responsible unit (e.g. HR) at Daimler for local investigation. Thereby your suspicion can be clarified locally. Your information will be treated confidentially by those parties as well.
Please note that the BPO may not process reports which do not contain concrete indications, due to legal reasons.
If you would like to supply us with further documents please send them by e-mail or by mail:
IL/CBP - Business Practices Office (BPO)
Your reports help us in preventing damage for our company and employees as well as our business partners and the general public. Thank you for your assistance.