There are 38,612 people who work for Daimler in North America¹. They not only make an important contribution to the economies of Canada, Mexico and the United States, but they also play a crucial role in Daimler's global success. Find out about our business units in North America.
Our investment, combined with a focus on innovation and maximizing performance, has fueled the continuous growth of our company throughout North America. We offer our customers in North America a multifaceted range of products, create jobs and support local communities.
- There are around 38,600 people working for Daimler in North America, which represents about 13% of our global workforce.
- Daimler Trucks’ most important sales market in 2019 was the NAFTA region with 41% of unit sales.
- With 174,000 units sold, the US is the largest market in the world for Daimler Trucks.
- Market Leader in North America: With a total of 201,100 units, Daimler holds a market share of 38.8% for heavy-duty trucks (class 8) and a market share of 32,9% for trucks classes 6 to 8.
- 15% of all Mercedes-Benz Cars have been sold in North America in 2019.
- With a contract volume of 48.3 billion Euro, the US is the biggest market for Daimler Mobility.
- Mercedes-Benz has been again the leading luxury brand in Canada in 2019.
- The NAFTA region is the second most important market for vans, which accounted for 13% of unit sales in the year under review.
- The US is the second-largest market in the world for Sprinter vans.
- 15.4% of Daimler AG's shareholders come from the US.
¹References to ‘Daimler’: Unless otherwise specified, in the pages of this Website, “we”, “us”, “our”, the “company”, “Daimler”, the “Daimler Group”, or the “Group” refers to Daimler AG and its consolidated subsidiaries, or any one or more of them, as the context may require.
²all numbers as of December 31, 2019 / Exchange Rate for 12/31/2019: 1 EUR = 1.120 USD
***US only, not NAFTA