There are 37,361 people who work for Daimler in North America¹. They not only make an important contribution to the economies of Canada, Mexico and the United States, but they also play a crucial role in Daimler's global success. Find out about our business units in North America.
Our investment, combined with a focus on innovation and maximizing performance, has fueled the continuous growth of our company throughout North America. We offer our customers in North America a multifaceted range of products, create jobs and support local communities.
- There are around 37,400 people working for Daimler in North America, which represents about 13% of our global workforce.
- Once again Daimler Trucks’ most important sales market in 2020 was the North America market with 39% of unit sales.
- With 139,400 units sold, the US is the largest market in the world for Daimler Trucks.
- Market Leader in North America: With a total of 139,400 units, Daimler holds a market share of 40% for heavy-duty trucks (class 8) and a market share of 32.4% for trucks classes 6 and 7.
- 14% of all Mercedes-Benz Cars have been sold in North America in 2020.
- With a contract volume (portfolio) of 42.3 billion Euro, the US is the biggest market for Daimler Mobility.
- In 2020 Mercedes-Benz Canada maintained its leading luxury position for a seventh consecutive year.
- The North America region is the second most important market for vans, which accounted for 14.5% of unit sales in the year under review.
- The US is the second-largest market in the world for Sprinter vans.
- 13.2% of Daimler AG's shareholders come from the US.
¹References to ‘Daimler’: Unless otherwise specified, in the pages of this Website, “we”, “us”, “our”, the “company”, “Daimler”, the “Daimler Group”, or the “Group” refers to Daimler AG and its consolidated subsidiaries, or any one or more of them, as the context may require.
²all numbers as of December 31, 2020 / Exchange Rate for 12/31/2020: 1 EUR = 1.2271 USD
³US only, not NAFTA