We have been moving people and goods for more than 130 years. Building outstanding, fascinating vehicles is what we do best, and by doing so we inspire our customers, both today and tomorrow.
The world is changing rapidly. Sustainability, and protecting the environment and climate, are some of the most urgent challenges we face. We are taking on these challenges. With our actions, we want to set standards for sustainable mobility in the future.
We are convinced that personal mobility will remain a fundamental need. We assume that the market for sustainable luxury in the automotive sector will continue to grow. The transportation of people and goods will also remain a cornerstone of our economy. We expect this demand to continue growing around the world. We see additional opportunities for growth and profit in the fields of financial services, fleet management and digital, networked mobility solutions.
As part of our sustainable business strategy, we want
- To make mobility and goods transportation more sustainable, with a clear commitment to CO₂ neutrality
- To grow in our core business
- To focus even more on the experience for the customer
- To implement electric driving in all divisions as a priority
- To promote automated and autonomous driving and mobility services with a focus on the benefit to the customer and profitability
- To exploit the significant potential of digitization
- To support this transformation with an agile culture that is practiced by the employees and increases our pace of innovation
The focus of all of these activities is on improving our financial strength. Because that is the foundation of our sustainable business strategy.
Our Mercedes-Benz Cars & Vans, Daimler Trucks & Buses and Daimler Mobility divisions each lay their own basis for profitable growth, competitiveness and sustainability in their segments.