After completing an apprenticeship with Continental Gummi-Werke AG, Dr. Fritz Könecke studied business administration and then returned to his training shop in Hanover in 1928 as head of the sales organisation.
He became a full member of the Board of Management in 1934 and was appointed
Chairman of the Board of Management of Continental Gummi-Werke AG in 1938.
After war’s end, Könecke went to Daimler-Benz AG in 1952 as deputy member of the Board of Management and took over the position of Board chairman one year later. He managed the completely destroyed company in the difficult post-war years with farsightedness. Under his leadership, the company caught up with the international automobile industry again.
The successful international orientation of Daimler-Benz AG based on the expansion of exports and the building of assembly plants in India, Brazil and Argentina can be put down to him. Under Könecke, Daimler-Benz AG became the third-largest German industrial enterprise in terms of sales revenues.