Digitalization is affecting all areas of our company. It accompanies us and shapes the transformation from an automobile company to a provider of mobility services. DigitalLife@Daimler subsumes the various digitization activities of the Group and promotes the digital transformation in all areas – with people at the center.
The digital transformation will profoundly change the automotive industry. It’s clear to us that we are actively shaping the mobility of tomorrow and are combining trends, future technologies and the individual needs of our customers. This means that the entire value chain is being systematically digitized. This includes the methods used to develop, plan, and produce our vehicles, the ways in which we communicate with customers and partners, and, last but not least, empowering our employees for the digital world.
To profit from the opportunities of the digitalization at an optimal level, new procedures and mindsets are needed. With DigitalLife@Daimler we advance digital topics in an integrated way and across business units. Thus, we initiate projects regarding the digital transformation at Daimler. Here, our focus lies on four pillars:
- we develop a strategic vision for Daimler.
- we concentrate all digital trends.
- we focus on important digital developments and hold workshops, such as the DigitalLife TechTalks.
- we position the group as the automotive digital leader.
- we summarize everything about ideation and innovation.
- we accompany the generation of ideas internally, externally and internationally, and anchor this process through events and platforms such as the DigitalLife Open Space, the DigitalLife Innovation Camps or the Crowd Ideas Platform.
- we unite all initiatives on connecting our employees.
- we promote the internal collaboration with digital platforms such as Daimler CONNECT or the Daimler Social Intranet.
- we support agile collaboration with methods such as Working out Loud.
- we bundle the marketing and communications activities on digital change.
- we enable our employees to experience digitalization through international roadshows, talks and workshops at our plants and in our divisions.
- we strengthen a positive culture of failure by regularly hosting the DigitalLife Fail’n’Learn Nights.
- we hold the annual DigitalLife Day to get informed about digital initiatives, to get inspired by internal and external top speakers, and to promote the best ideas of our employees.