Daimler AG / Key word(s): Quarter Results/Preliminary Results
Dissemination of an Ad hoc announcement according to § 15 WpHG, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
October 14, 2014
Daimler's industrial free cash flow in the third quarter 2014 is significantly higher than in prior-year period. The divisions achieve significantly higher EBIT from ongoing business.
- Free cash flow of industrial business in third quarter excluding effects of acquisitions and disposals of approximately EUR2.9 billion (Q3 2013: approx. EUR1.6 billion)
- Free cash flow of industrial business in third quarter of approximately EUR5.4 billion (Q3 2013: approx. EUR1.6 billion)
- Mercedes-Benz Cars posts third-quarter EBIT from ongoing business of approximately EUR1.6 billion (Q3 2013: approx. EUR1.3 billion)
- Daimler Trucks posts third-quarter EBIT from ongoing business of approximately EUR0.6 billion (Q3 2013: approx. EUR0.5 billion)
- Daimler reviews guidance for free cash flow of industrial business for full-year 2014
- Unchanged outlook for EBIT from ongoing business of individual divisions for full-year 2014
Stuttgart -Daimler AG (stock-exchange symbol DAI) achieved a free cash flow in its industrial business of approximately EUR5.4 billion in the third quarter of 2014 (Q3 2013: approximately EUR1.6 billion). Excluding the effects of acquisitions and disposals, the free cash flow of the industrial business amounted to approximately EUR2.9 billion in the third quarter (Q3 2013: approximately EUR1.6 billon).
The divisions posted the following earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) from the ongoing business in the third quarter:
- Mercedes-Bens Cars EUR1,614 million (Q3 2013: EUR1,251 million)
- Daimler Trucks EUR618 million (Q3 2013: EUR530 million)
- Mercedes-Benz Vans EUR176 million (Q3 2013: EUR152 million)
- Daimler Buses EUR64 million (Q3 2013: EUR61 million)
- Daimler Financial Services EUR355 million (Q3 2013: EUR322 million)
Daimler is reviewing its guidance for the free cash flow of its industrial business excluding the effects of acquisitions and disposals for full-year 2014. Hitherto, Daimler had assumed that the free cash flow of the industrial business adjusted for the effects of acquisitions and disposals would probably be significantly lower in 2014 than in the previous year.
The individual divisions continue to aim for the following EBIT from the ongoing business in full-year 2014:
- Mercedes-Benz Cars: significantly above the prior-year level,
- Daimler Trucks: significantly above the prior-year level,
- Mercedes-Benz Vans: at the prior-year level,
- Daimler Buses: significantly above the prior-year level, and
- Daimler Financial Services: slightly above the prior-year level.
Daimler will publish further details of its business development in the third quarter of 2014 on October 23, 2014.
Heinz Gottwick, + 49 711 17 42233, firstname.lastname@example.org Hendrik Sackmann, + 49 711 17 35014, email@example.com Silke Walters, +49 711 17 40624, firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information from Daimler is available at: www.media.daimler.com and www.daimler.com
This document contains forward-looking statements that reflect our current views about future events. The words "anticipate," "assume," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "can," "could," "plan," "project," "should" and similar expressions are used to identify forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to many risks and uncertainties, including an adverse development of global economic conditions, in particular a decline of demand in our most important markets; a worsening of the sovereign-debt crisis in the euro zone; an increase in political tension in Eastern Europe; a deterioration of our refinancing possibilities on the credit and financial markets; events of force majeure including natural disasters, acts of terrorism, political unrest, industrial accidents and their effects on our sales, purchasing, production or financial services activities; changes in currency exchange rates; a shift in consumer preferences towards smaller, lower-margin vehicles; a possible lack of acceptance of our products or services which limits our ability to achieve prices and adequately utilize our production capacities; price increases for fuel or raw materials; disruption of production due to shortages of materials, labor strikes or supplier insolvencies; a decline in resale prices of used vehicles; the effective implementation of cost-reduction and efficiency-optimization measures; the business outlook for companies in which we hold a significant equity interest; the successful implementation of strategic cooperations and joint ventures; changes in laws, regulations and government policies, particularly those relating to vehicle emissions, fuel economy and safety; the resolution of pending government investigations and the conclusion of pending or threatened future legal proceedings; and other risks and uncertainties, some of which we describe under the heading "Risk and Opportunity Report" in the current Annual Report. If any of these risks and uncertainties materializes or if the assumptions underlying any of our forward-looking statements prove to be incorrect, the actual results may be materially different from those we express or imply by such statements. We do not intend or assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements since they are based solely on the circumstances at the date of publication.
This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the addressee you are not authorised to make use of the information contained in this e-mail. Please inform us immediately that you have received it by mistake.
Daimler AG, Sitz und Registergericht/Domicile and Court of Registry: Stuttgart
HRB-Nr./Commercial Register No. 19360
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff, Vorstand/Board of Management: Dr. Dieter Zetsche (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard, Dr. Christine Hohmann-Dennhardt, Wilfried Porth, Hubertus Troska, Bodo Uebber, Dr. Thomas Weber
14.10.2014 The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
Media archive at www.dgap-medientreff.de and www.dgap.de
Company: Daimler AG
Phone: +49 (0)711 179 22 61
Fax: +49 (0)711 179 40 75
Indices: DAX, EURO STOXX 50
Listed: Regulierter Markt in Frankfurt (Prime Standard), Stuttgart; Freiverkehr in Berlin, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Hannover, München
End of Announcement DGAP News-Service