Stuttgart, February 13, 2018 - Publication of the Annual Report 2017 incl. the consolidated financial statements according to IFRS as well as the Consolidated Financial Statements 2017 according to the German Commercial Code (HGB).
- Total unit sales at new record of 3.3 million vehicles (+9%)
- Group revenue up by 7% to €164.3 billion (2016: €153.3 billion)
- Significant increase in Group EBIT of 14% to €14.7 billion (2016: €12.9 billion)
- Net profit up by 24% to €10.9 billion
- Proposal of highest dividend to date of €3.65 per share
- Outlook for 2018: slight growth in unit sales and revenue, EBIT expected to be in the prior-year magnitude
- Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars: “We are acting from a position of strength. Our ambition is unchanged: Daimler belongs at the top.”
- Bodo Uebber, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG for Finance & Controlling and Daimler Financial Services: “We have continued our trend of profitable growth and once again achieved record results for unit sales, revenue and earnings. In addition, we have increased the funding of our pension plans with a contribution of €3 billion.”
Annual Press, Investor and Analyst Conference
On Friday, February 02, 2018, Dr. Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management, Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars, gave a short overview of the results of the business year 2017, which had been presented to the public the day before during our annual press conference. After this introduction, he and his fellow members of the Board of Management Martin Daum, Daimler Trucks and Buses, and Bodo Uebber, Finance & Controlling/Daimler Financial Services, answered the questions of the attending investors and analysts.