October 23, 2008 - Daimler achieves EBIT of €648 million in third quarter of 2008.
- EBIT includes charges from special factors totaling €765 million
- Net profit of €213 million (Q3 2007: net loss of €1,533 million)
- Unit sales down by 3% to 522,500 cars and commercial vehicles
- Revenue down by 7% to €23.8 billion, adjusted for exchange-rate effects and changes in the consolidated group down by 5%
- Share buyback program temporarily suspended
- Full-year EBIT from ongoing operations of more than €6 billion anticipated (excluding special Items and Chrysler)