Net profit almost doubles in first quarter of 2014.
- Total unit sales of 565,800 vehicles at record level in first quarter
- Revenue up by 13% to €29.5 billion
- Disproportionately high increase in Group EBIT to €1,787 million (Q1 2013: €917 million)
- Net profit of €1,086 million (Q1 2013: €564 million)
- Significant growth in unit sales and revenue expected
- Group EBIT from ongoing business anticipated to be significantly higher than in 2013
- Dr. Dieter Zetsche: “Our strategy is paying off; our investments are bearing fruit. We made a good start to the year, as expected.”