July 23, 2014 - Daimler on a profitable growth track: renewed growth in unit sales, revenue and earnings in the second quarter.
- Confirmed outlook for full-year: significant growth anticipated in unit sales, revenue and EBIT from ongoing business
- Dr. Dieter Zetsche: “We are growing profitably, our strategy is bearing fruit. We are steadily continuing along our path. Supported by our product offensive and the successful continuation of our efficiency programs, we have an optimistic view of the future.”
- Second-quarter unit sales up by 4% to 628,900 vehicles
- Revenue up 6% to €31.5 billion (Q2 2013: €29.7 billion)
- EBIT from ongoing business up 12% to €2.5 billion (Q2 2013: €2.2 billion)
- EBIT including special items of €3.1 billion (Q2 2013: €5.2 billion)
- Net profit of €2.2 billion (Q2 2013: €4.6 billion)