In the coming year, the new A-Class as a harbinger of the new compact car generation will replace a bestseller that has decisively contributed to a more youthful brand image for Mercedes-Benz: the average age of European drivers of this most progressive compact class model is now 13 years lower than for the preceding series. And now the revolution is set to continue: Mercedes-Benz shows the interior of the new A-Class.
The dashboard is divided into two three-dimensional, horizontal sections: the lower section is visually separated from the main body of the dashboard by a "trench", and it appears to float in front of the dashboard. The optional ambience lighting enhances this effect, accentuating the free-floating impression of the substructure.
The standard widescreen cockpit is completely free-standing, and for the first time there are absolutely no cowls above the instruments. The sporty air vents in a turbine-look are another highlight.
The interior has a greatly enhanced feeling of spaciousness, better all-round visibility and more space. Utility value is increased by more shoulder-room , elbow-room and headroom.
Highlights of the new A-Class
- Standard widescreen cockpit (double display)
- No cockpit cowl (cover) above the instruments (completely free-standing screen)
- Optional ambiance illumination in 64 color, including the staging of the air vents
- Trim parts in genuine wood (open-pored)
- Steering wheel generation from the S-Class
- Front seats with climate control and massage function
- Around 10 percent improved all-round visibility
- More shoulder room, elbow width and headroom
- 29 liters more capacity of the trunk, 20 cm wider charging opening
- Enlarged stowage space in center console and in door trim